HeartScore was founded in 2012 by Howard J. Leonhardt, Jeff Donofrio and Tom Newman within the Cal-X Stars Business Accelerator in Southern California. The three founders combined have more than 90 years experience in cardiovascular product development and sales. They have brought a great series of cardiovascular related products and services from napkin concept stage to market leadership since the 1980’s.
In 2000 Leonhardt introduced the Pla2 genetic test developed by Dr. Pascal Goldschmidt to the USA market for determining the risk of blood clotting in arteries as a sub-product of his stem cell treatment for heart failure company Bioheart, Inc. (BHRT:OTC). This was one of the very first cardiovascular related genetic tests introduced to the U.S. market.
Click Here to View our Scientific Advisory Board
HeartScore has these goals:
- We seek to utilize a clear concise composite HeartScore to direct people to better compliance with heart healthy lifestyles and care programs.
- We seek to be an innovator in point of care testing.
- We seek to be an innovator in artery scan technologies.
- We seek to help patients, physicians, nurses and other care providers to fully maximize the benefit of following guidelines for care established by the Heart Failure Society of America, The American College of Cardiology, The American Heart Association and The European Society of Cardiology.
- We seek to be a leader in bio-impedence and infrared light assessments of cardiovascular and heart health.
- We seek to develop a method of detecting early the onset of edema (fluid buildup) in heart failure patients.
a Leonhardt Ventures Co.
1531 6th Street, Unit 401
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Phone 310 310 2534